The NHS Sight Test is the basic test available to eligible NHS patients. The NHS stipulates the minimum standards and tests that should be included in the NHS Sight Test.
The NHS Sight Test includes the following:
- History and Symptoms
- Refraction (calculating your prescription)
- Ophthalmoscopy (internal eye examination)
- Intra-ocular pressures (measurement of eye pressure)
- Suprathreshold ﬁelds (basic peripheral vision check)
- Referral for further investigation if clinically necessary
For an NHS Sight Test please allow 30 minutes with our experienced optometrists.
If you are entitled to the NHS Sight Test, you can still access the additional beneﬁts included in our Private Enhanced Eye Examination and the fee will be reduced by the amount received from the NHS (ask for details when booking). Our optometrists would always recommend this.