Eye Care At Home
Free examinations are available to those with NHS entitlement.Private tests are available to those without NHS entitlement and to those who whilst not entirely housebound would welcome the convenience of being tested at home.
Should new spectacles be required you can choose from our extensive range of Ladies and Gentlemens frames. If you have a valid prescription (usually less than two years old) and do not therefore require an eye examination, we can still call for you to choose a fresh pair of spectacles.
If you fall into one of the following groups and you are housebound and cannot leave home unassisted, Eyecare At Home can Examine your eyes free of charge.
- Over 60
- Under 16
- 17, 18 or 19 and in full time education
- Suffer from Diabetes
- Suffer from Glaucoma
- Are over 40 with a close family member who suffers from Glaucoma
- Have been diagnosed by an Ophthalmologist as at risk of Glaucoma
- Registered Blind or Partially Sighted
- Income Support
- Family Tax Credit
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee credit
- Named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
To find out more about whether you are entitled to help with the cost of Eye Examinations and Spectacles, call the helpline on 0845 850 1166 or read leaflet HC11 – Help With Health Costs which is available at www.dh.gov.uk